Don't Let Them See You Sweat!
5 tips for sweat-proof makeup
Have you wondered how some people seem to have everlasting makeup, no matter the situation? Whether it be during a competition, a late night out, or in the midst of moving themselves into a new apartment, their makeup remains flawless. If so, don’t feel bad. We promise you aren’t the only one! To help you feel more confident, we have compiled our top five favorite tips for keeping your makeup look sweat-proof:
- Use that primer and setting spray. Begin your makeup application with a primer you love to set a good foundation for your makeup to hold on to. Then, finish up your makeup routine as you normally would. At the end, spritz a little setting spray over your entire face and allow to dry. Setting sprays help to evaporate any unneeded moisture in the makeup leaving behind only the polymers, which basically means a thin film of pigment that won't budge. This sets everything in place for the day.
- Waterproof mascara and eyeliner. We never start our days thinking we might have allergies, cry, or sweat to the point of needing another shower, but life is unpredictable. Be prepared for anything by using waterproof products for your eyes, particularly mascara and eyeliner which sit closest to the eye waterline.
- Use a partial coverage foundation. Even if you’ve used the same foundation for as long as you can remember, switch to a lighter, less dense version. Foundation and sweat don’t go well together. In fact, sweat tends to lift and remove foundation away from the face. By simply using a lighter foundation and letting your skin breathe though, you can avoid losing pigment, and even worse, having sweat streaks on your face.
- Keep it simple. Whether you're going for the natural or glam look, keeping this tip in mind crucial. Stick to just the essentials and keep each step as simple as possible. The more you layer on, the more there is to move around and "slide" off your face when the sweat sets in. Less is more!
- Keep your Renzoe Box with you at all times. Using a paper towel to blot and absorb sweat on your face can be helpful, but with each blot the top layer of pigment will be lifted, leaving you with less coverage. Having easy access to your makeup for quick makeup touch-ups is the key to staying refreshed all day long. Renzoe Box is great for quick fixes and touch-ups because it holds all of your makeup in a single compact. Its small so its easy to keep in your purse, gym bag, or briefcase.
Now that you’ve heard our best tips and tricks for making your makeup sweat proof, try them yourself and let us know what you think. Life can be stressful enough as-is, and we understand how sometimes the small things, like budge-proof sweat-proof makeup, can help you get through the day with ease.